CAKE AND INVESTMENTSPosted: February 7, 2011
1. A cake! Runner/blogger Matt Frazier (aka No Meat Athlete) has a recipe for black bean brownies that is simply eat-the-whole-pan-at-once good. For the past few months I’ve given the recipe to anyone who will take it… but the recipe just got elevated to a different level of awesomeness.
Yesterday Ian kicked me out of the apartment so he could work on a “project” — namely, a black bean brownie cake featuring sparkles and chocolate icing.
The morals of the story?
- Make these brownies. Maybe you should also decorate them.
- Date someone who knows how to make brownies.
2. A very mature purchase. Yesterday we splurged and bought an eight-piece Henckels knife set, leaving me to wonder why I ever bothered cooking anything before these knives came into my life. They make chopping and dicing so liberating that I just want to cook all day!
More mind-blowing than that: When did I become the type of person who spends money on eight-piece cutlery sets? Since when do I covet kitchenware more than shoes?
Yes, yes. Yesterday was a grown-up* kind of day.
* Not too grown-up. We spent the afternoon playing glow-in-dark mini-putt.